Sunday, August 5, 2007

More on the construction issues

I was encouraged by Solarte12 to contact some local builders and find out the real story about the problems at Red Frog. So I e-mailed two of the developers and got a nice note back from one of them, Sam Taliaferro whose project is www.valleescondido.biz. Here's what I wrote:
===================================
Sam,

I am an investor in the Red Frog Beach Club project on Bastimentos and was sent to you to get your opinion on the progress (or lack of it) of the project.

I would appreciate any insight you might give about what’s going on over there. Thanks in advance.
===================================
His reply is as follows:
===================================
HI Mick,

I have not been over to the project in a few months, but I am fully aware of some of the challenges they have faced. I have also been in touch with the developer and some of the people who are currently in Bocas and on the property itself.

I believe the issues they have been dealing with will be resolved in the next few months and they will be back on track. They have joined our group of foreign developers and we are earnestly lobbying the government on their behalf. I don’t believe there has been any intentional misdealing by those involved with the organization. They are dealing in a difficult area to do a project to say the least. Give them a few months and things should turn around.

Do you subscribe to my weblog? http://primapanama.blogs.com/
===================================
I do now.

Mick @ Lot 83

4 comments:

Tom@Lot38 said...

Great effort Mick! Good to hear back from Sam, who has a good reputation in Panama. Hearing that RF has joined a group of foreign developers is positive news to my ears. Let's hope it's not a couple more months with the strike. Does anyone know how villa rental demand is at this time. I spoke with another Minnesotan this weekend, who said that the 'Team' was pushing him to sign the rental agreement, because visitors are ready to rent his unit during August and then some. I have a copy of the RA and would be glad to share. Good day to all!

s said...

We were told by a prospective renter that rentals are not being accepted and have been discouraged for the past three months due to the state of the project. She suggests you ask one of the team to go on record as to the actual occupancy (units and dates) during the past three months.

Mick @ Lot 83 said...

Folks,

My guess is that the villas are being used for the exploration tours. Rather than use a place like Tranquilo Bay, it makes more sense to let people stay on the property. That would be my guess. I have contacted Ana to see if I can get clarification. I'll let you know... this is NOT a construction topic, so I suggest you go to the top and start a new post. Thanks.

Mick @ Lot 83

Mick @ Lot 83 said...

About the roofs and the Densglass, Sam said this:
"I have heard of the roofing material and the densglass, but have never used them on our project. To my knowledge, they are fine for use in the tropics."

Mick @ Lot 83