Friday, August 3, 2007

Letter to the Red Frog Construction Team

Folks,

There has been a lot of discussion about the contruction materials that are being used at the Red Frog site, so I thought I would go to the source and see if I can get some clarification. Here is the letter I wrote to Scott this morning.

Please note that another site offering luxury villas found by another one of our owners does not list construction materials either. I believe this is intentional as, "your results may vary!" Their site may be seen here.
===================================
Scott,

Is there a place on the Red Frog website that has a list of materials that are being used in the construction? If not, I think it would be helpful for owners and prospective buyers to know what kinds of products are being chosen to build the villas. Of course, I would expect to see a disclaimer saying that “materials may vary due to price and availability”, especially with some of the challenges you have with building on an island in Panama. And I expect there might be some sort of statement saying the Red Frog team would make substitutions with equal or better quality choices. What do you think of this idea?

One of the two biggest questions has been what material is being used on the underside of the eaves where the Densglass walls meet the overhang? In the construction photos it looks like different material. The other question is about the brand of roof we are getting. Can you clarify what roofing material is being used? A list of materials would be helpful so that these types of questions could be easily answered. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Mick Orton
===================================
Bloggers are up and about today! It's still early here in California. As I look out over Mill Valley, I see the fog is heavy in San Francisco. On the whole, I'd rather be in Panama!


Mick @ Lot 83

Updated 8/5/07

Scott responded to my e-mail yesterday, but it was hardly a satisfactory answer. Basically he pointed me to the following pages on the website:

Villas - http://www.redfrogbeach.com/villaspec.html
Condos - http://www.redfrogbeach.com/condospec.html

These are hardly informational! He further explained, "More specifics are in each contract..." but I have no list of building materials in my villa contract. Does anyone else?

To his credit, he said he would pass along my question to the team and would get back to me. More to come.

Mick @ Lot 83

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The correct url for my reference to Valle Escondido is http://www.valleescondido.biz/ which is in Boquete, about 26 km south, on the mainland and is 95% complete

Mick @ Lot 83 said...

Upon further review, I did find a list of materials at the back of the contract documents, but it is so generic to say:

We will include doors, windows, etc. But it DOES specify stucco walls, interior and exterior, and Spanish tile roof steel/PVC composite or similar.

As it turns out, one of the partners of the Prima Panama, SA lives up here in Northern California (Napa, to be exact) and is going to call me on Tuesday when he returns so we can discuss the project in more detail.

I'll recap in a post after the call.

Mick @ Lot 83