Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Upgrade Specifications form letter

Here is a copy of the upgrade specifications form letter we received. Of course, this may change over time, but it might be helpful to know what's coming!

Dear ___,

My name is Ryan, and I will be working with you to decide whether on the options selections and upgrade specifications for your Red Frog Villa. Lot 83 has now come up on our schedule, and I am writing you today so that we can go ahead and begin the process of really making your Villa very special as your Tortuga is to be built on a beautiful beachfront lot. I feel like this process will be enjoyable, and I believe that we will be able to move through the Villa Specifications Process smoothly and without any real complications.

The Villa Specifications Process is divided into two parts. First, we will need to define and finalize any options selections that you may choose for your Villa and the interior. These selections include appliance upgrades, exterior color combination options, additional TV outlets, etc. This part of the process is relatively simple and straight forward, and we should initiate this part of the Villa Specifications Process right away. Then, in the coming weeks, we will initiate the second part of the Villa Specifications process: finalizing the designs for the Pool & Patio areas of your Villa.

As the machinery gets rolling again at Red Frog Beach within the next few weeks, maintaining and keeping up with our construction schedule is obviously a very high priority. The date that I have been given for finalizing and submitting the options selections for your Villa’s interior to our Construction Operations Department is Monday, July 9th, 2007. This gives us two weeks to discuss and finalize any selections that you may choose for your villa, and I really do appreciate your investing the time to move through this part of the Villa Specifications Process within this time frame. To facilitate this part of the Process, I have already prepared an initial quote for the various upgrades and options that we have available for your Villa’s interior. I am sending the quote as an attachment to this email so that you may review it, and I will also have a hard copy of this email and the attached document sent to you via UPS so that you will have it for your records. Finally, I’ll go ahead and have some exterior color paint chips sent to you by mail so that you can begin considering which of our five color combinations you will want to choose for your Villa. We should go ahead and plan a time very soon that we can speak by phone and discuss in greater detail the various options that appear in the attached quote document. The sooner we can begin discussing these options the better, and I’ll have Erika from our office call you tomorrow so that we can schedule a time to speak by phone sometime this week.

This is all I have for now. Please take a few minutes to review the attached document, and please take a look at your schedules to see when might be a convenient time for us to speak by phone. I really look forward to talking with you very soon, and I hope that you will not hesitate to contact me should you have any immediate questions regarding the attached document or the Villa Specifications Process in general. I am traveling this week, but I will be checking and responding to my emails regularly. If you write to me directly, I will certainly get back with you but it may be later in the afternoon or early the next morning. I appreciate your cooperation, and please work with Erika to schedule a time for this week that we might speak by phone.


I am in no way criticizing this letter. I am posting it so that others may see what they can expect in anticipation of their villa and/or condo construction. (I would have loved to see this some months ago so I would know what I was to expect. The only complaint I had was the timing which may have been exaggerated because of the holiday week.)

Ryan has been great. All of our questions by e-mail were answered promptly, either the same day or early the next morning.

Mick @ Lot 83

2 comments:

ivankarenho said...

I agree we did not have enough time to make our choices. My question is: why are they charging me $1,000 for internet allowance. In the original contract it says we would have internet access. Ryan can not tell me the difference between the two. All he says is that RFB had to pay for all the equipment for the internet. I understand that but the villa is to have internet access at no additional charge. Does anyone know anything about this?

SFResidence.com said...

Ivan,

Nice to hear from you. Which lot did you guys end up buying? Was it 84 or 85?

As for the Internet, we don't remember this agreement specifically. I do know that Ryan said the cloud was over the whole project and of course, we would need a router in each villa(which we bought in our villa selections).

I would expect there to be a monthly access charge since RFB is paying for Internet access through their ISP. We will check and see if we can get this clarified for you. We may also hire an attorney to look over the contact again and give us his interpretation of what we should and should not get.

Mick @ 83