Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What about my prescriptions?

I had a thought the other day as I went to the pharmacy to refill my prescriptions. What am I going to do if we end up spending extended periods of time in Panama? Who do I turn to? Of course, I e-mailed my friend, Sam Taliaferro, of PrimaPanama and developer of Valle Escondido in Boquete. Here was his response:

You can have prescriptions sent down through mail forwarders. I have suppliments sent regularly. The pharmacy's are fairly well equiped and will probably have what you need. You just need to check the costs out when you get down here.

I had hoped that the laws for getting the medicines we need were a little more relaxed as I am told they are in Mexico. Sam says many drugs may be purchased over the counter that require a prescription in the US. In my research, I found a website from Panama Law that talks about this in more detail.

- Mick @ Lot 83

No comments: